[olug] [OT] Battery Recycling

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Apr 10 13:58:52 UTC 2008

When I bought my APC, the battery came with a pre-paid return label to ship
the dead one back.  I'm sure that varies between battery providers, but that
might be another option.

Dan

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 April 2008 20:41:50 Obi-Wan wrote:
> > And while we're on the topic, what do you do with your old lead acid
> > UPS batteries once they've been replaced?  I'd rather not pay to get
> > rid of them, but I also don't want to do anything illegal.  Is there
> > anything coming up in conjunction with Earth Day later this month?
>
> Could you sell them to these guys?
> http://www.standardbatteryinc.com/Battery_Recycling.html
>
> Dave Thacker

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)