[olug] [OT] Local replacement battery for APC 1400.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Apr 9 22:06:28 UTC 2008

Thanks.  Looks like it will be around $80+tax there!

Dan

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Shawn Mattingly <smattin at mimezine.org>
wrote:

> Take it to Action Battery.  They will usually replace them for less than
> $100.  Most of my replacements have been in the $40-$80 range.
>
> Shawn
>
> Dan Linder wrote:
> > I need an RBC7 battery to resurrect my old APC 1400.  Since the cost to
> ship
> > lead is quite expensive, I'd like to find some place closer.  The
> > "BatteryPatrol" outlets wanted $175 for the two cells but didn't include
> the
> > APC connector (which I don't have).
> >
> > Anyone have a local contact that sells them at a decent price?
> >
> > Online, the best price is at NewEgg for $122 delivered via 3-day UPS...
> >
> > Dan

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)