[olug] Auto remount a windows share when connection is broken

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Tue Apr 1 16:09:37 UTC 2008

I am using smbmount to mount a windows share on my linux server.
Sometimes the connection gets severed somehow, and running umount and
smbmount again fixes it.

Is there a way to have this happen automatically?  Put it in fstab and
tell it to always keep the connection up or something?

My plan B is to have a perl script run every minute, check the mount and
if its down unmount it and remount it.  This won't be simple though
because I think the check may hang depending on how 'down' (severity)
the mount is...

-Ryan