[olug] Interactive shell cluster

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Thu Sep 6 17:51:12 UTC 2007

Well, if you just want round robin you could set up a second ip on the
head node and have iptables forward 22 to a round robin dns entry that
holds your cluster node ips.

Or you could make a login script that does the same thing, but your
users would have to enter passwords twice, need to use keys, or
whatever. Of course then you could have the script just check a file in
/etc for the current host to go to based on output from your monitoring
software

Or combine a bit and forward 22 to an alias in /etc/hosts or dns that
gets updated somehow.

-- Daniel