[olug] Laptop HD for borrowing?

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Oct 29 12:05:51 UTC 2007

My brother replaced the HD is his iBook G3 (dual usb) several years ago,
and the ATA interface of the board was actually faster than the drive
installed.  (33 on the drive, 66 on the board).  A small 20 GB UDMA66
drive with a couple meg of cache will bring new life to any almost any
iBook G3.

Check the height of the existing drive before ordering any replacement.

You can also install OSX to an iPod and boot from it for testing
purposes.  Check with the GNMUG guys, they might have some ideas.
http://gnmug.org/

Jon L.