[olug] Monitoring Memory Usage

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 19:51:10 UTC 2007

I am also fighting with this same problem. Your one up on me as your using
1.5.
Some options that are only available as of 1.5:

jstat, jconsole, jmap, jinfo

All these are contained in the JDK 1.5:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/index.html#manage

A quote I was given from one of the sun developers:

"Better still, what not start your application with -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote and then monitor the memory usage with
jconsole:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/jconsole.html"

Hope that helps -