[olug] MPAA toolkit

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 21:46:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 3:04 PM, Jim O'Gorman <jameso at elwood.net> wrote:
> On 11/30/07, Bill Brush <bbrush at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Absolutely.  If you can show that the boss ignored policy for these 10
> > people for extended periods and nuked you from orbit on your first
> > offense you probably have a case.  Now whether or not that case is
> > worth litigating is another story.
> >

> Well, I guess that depends on if you feel you
> can receive "punitive damages". ;)

Punitive damages are actually not that common.  The bar is set fairly
high for determining whether punitive damages are warranted, and when
they are awarded it's almost guaranteed to drag on for years.  Case in
point the Exon Valdez punitive damage award is STILL being litigated
and it's been like 10 years.

Bill