[olug] CentOS 5 users, managing different versions of an OS

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Nov 19 15:23:18 UTC 2007

> I don't really remember, maybe there were some issues with the supplied
> apache?...
>
> Have you been through any 4.5 to 5.0 upgrades?

No, these are all fresh installs.

> How did that go?  I am
> running 5.0 at home, and when I upgraded it from 4.5 it broke one of my
> Apache modules, but other than that it seemed to go ok - but I don't run
> as many things on that box as I do at work.

Yes, any time Apache configuration syntax changes, it'll break during
upgrades.  That's about the only problem I've ever had upgrading
across major versions of Linux from any distro.

> BryanLGH, eh?  We've done some web development work for you guys.

CFWebTools?  I'm the one that runs the server you guys put your stuff
on.  FWIW, it runs RHEL 4.5.