[olug] Best Way to upgrade computer

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 05:47:46 UTC 2007

I have a machine with a Gig and a half of RAM...a 3.4
GHz processor...and Kubuntu 7.10 disks and the Win XP
Home Recovery disks.  I have two hard drives (large
enough) plus an external USB drive.

I'd like to avoid dual booting and virtually run the
Win XP and the apps I need for that (Pinnacle Studio
10 for video editing, Quicktime 6.5 to view live
videostreaming of .sdp files, and WebDav write access)
along with being able to increase the screen
resolution higher than 1024x786 and RDP/VNC into
remote Win XP machines graphically to remotely access
and edit video files.

Can I do this with Win XP on one hard drive and
Kubuntu 7.10 on the other drive?  Unfortunately it
does need to have Win on it.

Having to reboot to do different tasks is a pain in
the neck and other places...I'm hopeful that I can do
this easily.  I'm trying to turn this whole project
around within the next 12-16 hours also.

Also I've done some reading but prefer clear step by
step instructions.

Thank you in advance.

Joe