[olug] Help needed with DLT 40/80 tape

Craig Wolf CJWolf at mpsomaha.org
Thu Nov 1 14:08:35 UTC 2007

Quick background.  I have a server that I tar a backup to tape.  The
tape drive has died, a home directory of one user on the Linux server
has disappeared.  I need to recover the tar off the tape to restore the
files for this person.

Does anyone have a functioning DLT drive and would be willing to help
me get the file/files off the tape?  I need to do this like yesterday
but the soonest someone can assist, I would appreciate it and would be
willing to pay someone for their time/use of equipment to assist!

You can contact me directly on this...Thanx to all for at least
considering this!!

Craig Wolf
Wolf Computing Services
(402)990-3010