[olug] Please Dell, prove me wrong.

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:50:08 UTC 2007

>From my reading it says specifically that it will be on consumer
models (which in Dell-speak means not on the Precision or business
lines.)

Pricing hasn't been announced, but since Dell competes mainly on price
I would expect it to be around $200 less than a similar model with
Windows (which is what you save by getting RH instead of MS on a
Precision.)

The IdeaStorm site has some good info.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/ideastorm/ideasinaction

Let's have a little optimism, the fact that they're going to make it
available to consumers pre-installed is pretty big.  Like the ZDnet
article says, "Dell typically doesn't do stuff if they don't think
they're going to get enough volume to justify it"

I've been waiting for this to break so I can buy a new PC.  I'm glad
it finally did.  I just hope I like the model they offer it on,
otherwise I'll be getting RH on a Precision 390.

Bill