[olug] Fixing a broken boot kernel in Ubuntu.

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Mar 26 18:42:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, March 25, 2007 11:18, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> This is all assuming the problem is something other than mkinitramfs not
> putting the .kos in the initramfs, of course.

That's not that big of a deal for me.  The file is only 30K so even if I
didn't need it for my hardware I don't see it having a horrendous impact
to most when the base initrd is 6.7MB anyway.

> I'm starting to think that these server versions of Ubuntu give Debian a
> bad name.

I'll have to see how to report my issue as a bug to the Ubuntu developer
team.   From what I understand the module issue was fixed in 2.6.18 and
higher (and server froze on 2.6.15 and is back-porting patches as needed).

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov