[olug] Fixing a broken boot kernel in Ubuntu.

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Sun Mar 25 16:18:00 UTC 2007

Daniel Linder wrote:
> Great!  That'll speed things up a bit.  Nothing like recompiling the
> kernel on a 1GHz P-III (must enable SMP soon!)

This is all assuming the problem is something other than mkinitramfs not
putting the .kos in the initramfs, of course.

If this is Ubuntu 6.10 "Server" cpqarray isn't the only module with
problems, I've also had problems with / on an md RAID1, / on LVM, / on a
variety of RAID controllers (3ware, LSI Logic), etc.

I'm starting to think that these server versions of Ubuntu give Debian a
bad name.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us