[olug] CentOS / yum users - a little help? Want to upgrade php without MySQL

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Thu Mar 1 20:46:12 UTC 2007

I used the centosplus repository to install php-5.0.4 a while ago.  Now
I want to upgrade that to version 5.1.6, which is what is available in
the repository.  But when I run "yum --enablerepo=centosplus upgrade
php", it tells me its going to also upgrade my MySQL to version 5.x
because of some dependencies.  I *don't* want to to that, I want to stay
on 4.x right now.

So I tried "yum --exclude=mysql* --enablerepo=centosplus upgrade php",
but then I get missing dependency errors.

Any pointers appreciated.  Thanks,
-Ryan