[olug] CUPS help

thelarsons3 at cox.net thelarsons3 at cox.net
Fri Jun 29 15:44:53 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up a print server for my Apple LW 4/600.  (My Mac intermittently fails to "see" it but it's always visible to the netatalk services in Linux.  I think every machine I have can do CUPS, so this would make it easy to share the printer.)  I've got the backend working, but don't understand how to set up CUPS to interface with it.  I've read quite a few good tutorials that don't address Appletalk, and the ones that do (address non-local non-IP printers) are not very good tutorials.  Somehow, the knowledge from the various sources isn't gelling.

If anyone has done something like this and could give some tips, I'd appreciate it!  If I could just find one good example, it would probably all make sense.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim & Alethea