[olug] Making Ring Tones for Motorola RAZR V3 in linux

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Jun 28 19:44:45 UTC 2007

Regarding ringtones, MP3 and MIDI files can be used.  You can use
audacity to edit down your MP3 files to about 30 seconds to use for your
ringtone.

However, putting the file on your phone depends on your carrier.   Yes,
you can use BitPim (bitpim.org) to put files on your phone.  I find it
easier to use a micro-sd to copy files over.  This can be done with Alltel
phones.  A Verizon phone is a different animal, check out the link below.

For a great resource regarding the V3/V710/V815, check out Mark Venture's
Info Page
http://mark.cdmaforums.com/

Jon l.