[olug] Which Asterisk?

Shawn L Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Sun Jun 24 06:12:47 UTC 2007

Ok,  Two ways to go.

1. TrixBox:  Quick time from parts to phone calls.  Has built in web
interface for configuring the Cisco Phones (7940/7960).  Easy to setup with
VoIP providers.

2. Distro of Choice and Install Asterisk.  May take longer to configure.
You will have a better understanding of the internals of Asterisk.  More
flexibility in the long run.

Which ever you choose I would defiantly recommend using the SIP firmware
instead of SCCP.

If you would like some help getting your system setup, we can work something
out.

----
Shawn L. Djernes
shawn at djernes.org | wizardwlf at hotmail.com | sdjernes at gmail.com