[olug] Cox Issues Was: Cox sucks

Hurley Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Thu Jul 19 13:43:22 UTC 2007

First National doesn't offer rack space in Omaha anymore, but they offer
leased equipment.  2 years ago they did have rack space, but now they
don't, unless you want to put your LAN in their Kansas City location.
When we toured them, and IP Revolution from Bellevue, both said they
have personnel immediately available round the clock, but I saw nobody
around except for the guard at the door.  (I don't think IP Rev is still
around...)

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of
Craig Wolf
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:28 AM
To: olug at olug.org
Subject: Re: [olug] Cox Issues Was: Cox sucks

I have toured the Co-Sentry facility and from a tech point of view, they
have one hell of a setup.  It is kinda expensive but not as bad as I
would have thought and the people there are reasonable, not money
grubbers like SOME companies around here.  They have a NOC that is
staffed 24/7 that monitor all traffic in and out as well as your servers
if that is part of your plan.

Pretty slick, I would go back to see how the expansion plans are going.
They were adding like another 20,000 sf last time I was there...about a
year ago.

Craig Wolf
Wolf Computing Services
(402)990-3010

>>> Kenny Kant <kenny.kant at running-config.com> 7/18/2007 >>>
Doesn't First National Bank offer rack space in their data center for a
price also?  That might be an option for a hosting spot but I am sure
that costs big bucks also.   I have always wanted to go and visit
CoSentry, everything I hear is good.  I would vote for an OLUG
field-trip as a meeting idea ;)

Kenny