[olug] Cox Issues Was: Cox sucks (Luke -Jr)

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 05:11:08 UTC 2007

I do concede your point about the monopoly, but they are still a
business, and if enough people take issue with something, letting all
their voices be heard on that issue, things will change. A business
will go to great lengths regarding their public image. If there are
customers voicing unsatisfactory service concerns and it becomes
media-driven, things will begin to happen.

Sometimes, it only takes one person, speaking to the "right" person at
the "right" time. Case in point, my wife's aunt called everyone needed
up the ladder regarding an issue she and her sister had at their local
Wal-mart. This was in a small town, which were the backbone of the
Wal-mart empire, but as corporate mindsets tend to take over when a
company grows, their shallow opinions of small town patrons had left
this store in bad shape. Somehow, during one of the "hold/transfer"
sessions she was on, a new voice named "Sam" spoke to her and assured
her everything she discussed would be address. Over the course of a
month or so, things started to "magically" take shape at their local
store. I'm sure you have already guessed who the "Sam" was, but again,
my point is, you can make a difference if you try.

On 7/18/07, Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 July 2007 22:59, Travis Owens wrote:
> > You, the consumer have the ability to let your voice be heard and make a
> > difference.
>
> Not really. To make a difference, you need to speak with your wallet-- but the
> cable company has a monopoly and no (real) competition, so you can't do that.

Travis Owens