[olug] Cox sucks

Scott Jones scottj.org at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:16:28 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, thelarsons3 at cox.net wrote:

> Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> > Maybe if enough of us get together and ask for a hobbiest flag (maybe
> > $5/mo extra, if anything), they'll pay attention.
>
> It would have to be more than Omahans asking for it.  Cox has newsgroups,
> though I'm not sure how widely read they are - maybe make some noise there
> and see if anyone else jumps on the bandwagon.  Use petitiononline.com or
> something like it.

Most of the traffic in the Cox newsgroups consists of complaints about how the
Cox news service sucks.  I've only seen one Cox employee there, their news
server guy, and he only hangs around to tell people that they're looking into
it, whatever the problem of the day might be.  Make as much noise as you
want, but unless it's a complaint about retention time in the pr0^H^H^Hbinary
groups, nobody (not the customers, not the Cox tech) cares.

The only way you could get less care than that is to use PetitionOnline.