[olug] Cox sucks

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:56:11 UTC 2007

Can you explain the "trust" issue with a colo provider? There are so
many ways to maintain security on your system as well as the fact you
could take over their business if they did anything illegal to your
property with one lawsuit, it wouldn't be worth it for them to even
"think" about messing with it... After working for several ISPs,
there's no serious reason why colo shouldn't be an options (with the
exception of pricing - but that's getting better from competition)

Travis

On 7/16/07, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> On Monday 16 July 2007 19:48, Travis Owens wrote:
> > Do you co-lo your boxes?
>
> I don't want to trust some company with my mail server.
>
> > Believe me, I hear your complaint, but rather than executing an
> > arbitrary upgrade and spending unnecessary money, there may be another
> > option, no?
>
> Yeah, I'm thinking about the reverse-proxy more-- plus SRV records for those
> rare compliant browsers/mail relays.

Travis Owens