[olug] Cox sucks

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:48:50 UTC 2007

Luke,

Do you co-lo your boxes? If so, why not just setup a VPN to your
server(s) and then you're done... With the Cox Premier service, you
get up to 1M up which is more than enough to justify VPN
connectivity...

Believe me, I hear your complaint, but rather than executing an
arbitrary upgrade and spending unnecessary money, there may be another
option, no?

Just my $0.02...

Travis

On 7/16/07, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> Ok, so Cox is clearly blocking ports 25 and 80, despite that 3 of every 5
> representatives say nothing is blocked and there are no terms of service...
> So it looks like I have 2 choices:
> 1. pay for a MX and HTTP reverse-proxy
> 2. pay Cox for business-class service
>
> Either way, I need to justify the expense. Anyone looking for hosting
> services? ;)
>
> I can't guarantee uptime, since I don't have a big datacenter with dual WAN
> and stuff, but I can provide static IPs if necessary and such.

Travis Owens