[olug] Video Card Question

Bill Eberly imjustabill at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 04:08:31 UTC 2007

One was my laptop monitor, and the other was an old CRT. I  the laptop
monitor was 1280x800, and I think the CRT was at 1024x768 or something
similar. When you're running dual screens, it essentially treats it as one
giant desktop with two viewports. The accelerated drivers could only display
up to a certain resolution, so the right 1/3rd of the 2nd monitor would just
be blank or would display weird artifacts. If I remember correctly, it
doesn't effect it if you're not using the accelerated drivers. Also, I'm
sure depending on the card it varies, so newer cards can probably display
higher resolutions fine,