[olug] MythTV Issue

Noel Leistad noel at noelleistad.com
Fri Jan 19 14:11:11 UTC 2007

Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> Is the newer card a PVR350? These are causing issues with certain
> versions of udev.

RE: new card
supposed to be PVR250, has {FM, TV, SVid, Composite} IN + R & L audio.
'Tuner' module reads NTSC/NTSC-J 32552, Rev C168
> Have you tried to manually tune either card and do a
> cat /dev/video0 > tmpfile.mpg
> and see what you get?

watch liveTV on old card, snow, haven't re-programmed card
> What cable provider are you using or OTA?

OTA
> Cox should have the frequency table of us-cable-hrc
>
> If everything was working correctly for a long period of time, I'd
> check the physical cable, and replace any splitters. I have had to to
> replace splitters/cable at several sites for odd 'static' problems.

splitter is an 8-way, with terminators. Will switch to a 3-way
tonite/tomorrow. Cable (OK went new card was recording) made by CATV
division at work, professional crimp tool/end connector. New w/in last 3
months....
> What version of ivtv?

0.8 something