[olug] SANS Training at KU

Dave Hull dphull at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:40:26 UTC 2007

Apologies in advance if this seems spammy, but I thought there might
be interested folks on the list. And no, I don't get anything out of
this.

-----------------------------
The University of Kansas and SANS  are pleased to offer the extremely
popular six-day certification course, "Hacker  Techniques, Exploits &
Incident Handling."

(SANS course description:
http://www.sans.org/training/description.php?tid=243)

This training course is open to anyone.  Special  discounts are
available for employees K-12 and college, members of law  enforcement,
and state employees.

There is also an  opportunity for vendors to participate as sponsors
in a Vendor Expo during the  opening evening.

SECURITY  504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
April 22 –  28, 2007
9am – 6pm, Mon-Sat. (with a "Capture the Flag" session on Saturday)
Holiday Inn Holidome, Lawrence,  KS

REGISTRATION:
Course fees for employees of an  accredited educational institution,
members of law enforcement or state  employees:

$895 – Early Registration (by January 19, 2007)
$995 –  Late Registration (after January 19, 2007)

Course fees for  non-education/non-law enforcement attendees:

$3,250 – Must register by  March 1, 2007

The registration fee includes:
* Course  Registration
* Manuals
* Daily Refreshment Breaks
* Daily Lunches
*  Reception Dinner, April 22, 2007

During the week of class, you may also  register to seek your GCIH
Certification for an additional fee of  $300.

To register or for more information, please go to:
http://www.continuinged.ku.edu/programs/security/

VENDORS/SPONSORS:
A vendor expo will be held the  first evening, Sunday, April 22.
Information can be found at:
http://www.continuinged.ku.edu/programs/security/exhibitors.pdf

Now back to your regularly scheduled LUGging.

--
Dave Hull