[olug] Mythtv TV S-Video out

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Sat Jan 13 00:45:00 UTC 2007

You should first try to get the TV working without running two displays,
it will be easier to troubleshoot.

Remember, a standard 27inch regular TV is 500 lines of resolution, or
essentially 640x480, so setup your Monitor1 to be 640x480.

This is my working xorg.conf for my Myth box on Fedora Core 5, what
MythDora is based on.

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "Default Layout"
         Screen      0  "Screen1" 0 0
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

--- stuff cut out ---

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor1"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "NTSC TV"
         HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
         VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
         DisplaySize  640 480
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard1"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
         Option      "Connected Monitor" "TV"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
         Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
         Option       "NoLogo" "On"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen1"
         Device     "Videocard1"
         Monitor    "Monitor1"
         DefaultDepth     24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth     24
                 Modes   "640x480"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

--- stuff cut out ---

Connected Monitor is a Nvidia-specific option, and not a reference to
the Monitor1 device.  See the Nvidia README.

Option "Connected Monitor" "TV"

Once you get the TV out working, you should look into adding second
display. You may want to look into the Nvidia README for the 'TwinView'
section.  I don't use TwinView myself, or dual displays for my Myth box.

I hope this gives you some ideas.
Jon L.