[olug] Mythtv TV S-Video out

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Fri Jan 12 21:50:12 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am trying again to get MythTV setup... I used the newest MythDora and so far am pretty happy with how things are working.  My only problem now is getting the output on to a TV.
Here is what I have:
Dell GX-260 pc
NVidia GeForce FX 5200
Hauppauge 250

Here is my xorg.conf
# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	Screen	    1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Dell 1707FP (Analog)"
	DisplaySize  340	270
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	HorizSync    30.0 - 81.0
	VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier "Monitor1" #TV
	HorizSync 30-50
	VertRefresh 60
EndSection
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
	screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier "Videocard1"
	Driver 	    "nvidia"
	Screen 1
	Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
	Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
	Option "ConnectedMonitor" "Monitor1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     16
		Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen1"
	Device "Videocard1"
	Monitor "Monitor1"
	DefaultDepth 24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth 24
		Modes "1024x768_60"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Group        0
	Mode         0666
EndSection

Sorry for the long posting, but I didn't know how else to post the info...
Can anyone help me with this? As this is the last piece of the puzzle it would be nice to start using Myth on my TV.  I have tried different resolutions for the TV, but nothing works.  There is S-Video output when I'm not in X, but that doesn't really help...  :)

Thank you

Patrick