[olug] desperately need a loaded motherboard.

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:00:20 UTC 2007

it involved alcohol. the board had not completely cooled when i started to
clean it with an alcohol dip. i heard that slight snap noise you hear when a
chip cools or heats too fast and cracks.

i waited a while before cleaning, but it must not have been long enough. i
clean most of my boards with 90+% alcohol about twice a year.

RAM: tested bad, athlon 1Ghz: tested bad, gigabyte motherboard: tested bad.

so, i have a desktop tower "server" that needs a new ATX mobo w/ CPU and RAM
.no SCSI, just IDE and PCI. any onboard frills like ethernet, sound, video,
whatever are not a bid deal.  AMD or pentium. no matter. it is a debian box,
but that matters not without a motherboard. what will matter is when i
replace it with a different board, i may have to re-install debian. no big
deal.

i'm looking to pay ebay price (roughly market price), but i can't afford to
have this down for long. another one picked up the slack, but i need the
slack for other things.

i'm looking to do this today.
any takers?
thanks for your help.