[olug] blog hosting?

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:51:31 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Neal R <neal at lists.rauhauser.net> wrote:

>   Is anyone here hosting a blog on a commercial service? I need to get
> one going but I do not want to be fiddling with the back end ...

I use Powweb for my blog.  It's okay.  My biggest gripe with it is
that it doesn't allow secure FTP.  That's right -- you ftp files in
clear text. Madness!

I've been using Textdrive for another project of mine.  More
expensive, but it rocks.  You can do real development, install
anything you want, etc on Textdrive.

Installing WordPress is a piece of cake, regardless of what web host
you have, as long as you have PHP and MySQL at your disposal..

>   I've let DumbFuck.org sit idle for far too long and I think its about
> time it did *something* ...

Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/