[olug] Archiving email.

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Tue Feb 13 23:07:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:53:25PM -0600, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> c) Be a proper geek and run your own IMAP server

What are you using? Dovecot, Courier, UW? I tried using Dovecot, but it was
painfully slow. I have 6.1GB of mail, and the initial sync was painful and
some MUAs also cried when they had to open each mailbox as well.

Also, using Maildir, mbox, or proprietary as the backend? I've tried both
mbox and Maildir. While I see the advantages of Maildir, it feels like a
serious waste of inodes and has higher overhead due to all the
open()/close() shuffling.

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org