[olug] Archiving email.

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:46:40 UTC 2007

I have about 27,000 emails spanning 3-4 years of my life. I spent a
couple hours Friday night pruning out span. I need to retain these for
reference and I'm getting nervous housing them solely on the server.  If
I lost some of these I know I'd be sorry.

Anyone have suggestions on how to archive email in a good way?  I'd like
to retain the ability to sort and search.  Could I create a thumbdrive
of archived email to have with me?

Somethings I"ve considered:

a)Forward all of them to gmail.  Although I don't know if I trust those
guys to be discrete

b) pull them all of the server to a local machine, build a local mbox
and ...  profit...

Just looking for good suggestions...

Carl Lundstedt
UNL