[olug] OLUG Digest, Vol 48, Issue 3

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Feb 7 21:23:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:41:35PM -0600, Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> Dell and IBM can be overpriced for what you get.
>
> For fairly inexpensive performance, try Averatec. I have a 2300, with
> all of the hardware supported.

While this is true, IBM's support is pretty good from my limited experience
with it lately. When I yanked out a power cable on one of our x3850s
yesterday, they called me within 7 minutes with a case number to inquire if
I needed service on a failing power supply. Similarly, when I sent a test
service request, they got back to me within about 3 minutes at 1am.

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org