[olug] Linux utilities to unformat / unerase / scavange digital camera flash memory cards?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Dec 31 06:06:42 UTC 2007

Dave Hull wrote:
> On 12/30/07, Dan Linder <dan at linder.org> wrote:
>
>> I found the "foremost" utility (http://foremost.sourceforge.net/) which
>> can analyze drive
>> images, but it couldn't find anything.
>>

> Was the configuration file for foremost configured to find jpeg's. I'm
> assuming so since it pulled them off of your phone flash. I've used
> foremost before with good results.
>
> Try the sleuthkit and it's web front end, autopsy, available from sleuthkit.org.

Yes, it was the same config just pointing to a different image file.
I've since tried "testdisk" and "photorec" and they both don't find
anything on the Olympus card image, but continue to work on my phone
flash...

It's not looking too good -- I'm hoping he brings the actual flash card
back tomorrow and we can try a few other things.  Wish us luck!

Dan

--
- - - -
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the Satires of Juvenal