[olug] New guy

Tim Cavanaugh timycav03 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 15:46:16 UTC 2007

Hello everybody, my name is Tim and I've recently been converted to the world of linux. I'm 21 and work for a home security company, and its not ADT. I'm currently running ubuntu (gusty) on my old laptop and am starting to like it more everyday. The other day i was told about OLUG and decided to check into it so here I am. Only about a week into linux and I've already got tons of questions. The more important to me is how to run Eve. I downloaded the Eve linux client and installed correctly to my knowledge. whenever i try to run  it i get the lines:

Running /home/timothy/.cedega/.updater/cedega_updater.py
/home/timothy/.cedega/.updater/gddb.py:26: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gddb_parser: This Python has API version 1013, module gddb_parser has version 1012.
  import gddb_parser
Running... /home/timothy/.cedega/.ui/runGUI
/home/timothy/.cedega/.ui/gddb.py:24: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gddb_parser: This Python has API version 1013, module gddb_parser has version 1012.
  import gddb_parser
timothy at Mamba-Jampa-2:~$ 0004:  Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fedc to 1
0004:  Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fedc to 0
0004:  Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fedc to 1
0004:  Bad stuff: client ignore setting select events for 0x9004fedc to 0
repeating

I have no idea what that can tell everybody but im lost. Thanks to anybody who can chime in and educate me.

Tim Cavanaugh