[olug] Remote sound

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Dec 19 03:58:14 UTC 2007

Travis Watkins wrote:
> PulseAudio is definitely the way to go. If you use it with avahi you
> can just open the GUI and say "send sound here" since all your
> machines show up automatically thanks to avahi.

This could be cool if you could make an inexpensive piece of hardware to
be network connected "line-out" or speakers.

(I'm sure there are other solutions out there that handle this better...)

Dan

--
- - - -
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the Satires of Juvenal