[olug] OT

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Mon Dec 17 04:07:57 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 9:02 PM, Jack <jdunn110 at cox.net> wrote:
> Just a quick question for the holidays:
>
>     Does anyone have recommendations for a good Digital Audio Player
> that works with Linux?

I've got a Cowan iAudio G3 and I have been as happy as could be with
it.  I've had it for almost 2 years, with no problems at all.  I would
highly recommend giving Cowan's iAudio stuff a look.  They explicitly
support Linux, and most of their audio products support mp3, Ogg
Vorbis, flac, wma, and asf.  I tend to rip most of my CD's to flac
(for long term perfect quality storage), and then convert that to Ogg
Vorbis for general use (or, occasionally, mp3 for rare times when I
can't do Ogg).  Finding an mp3 player that supported both of these
formats out of the box was not easy.

I have been considering a possible upgrade of my G3 to the new iAudio
7 or a D2, though.  I love my G3, but those are slick little players.

The only downside I know of, is they're a little difficult to find in
most retail stores around here, so ordering it online may be required
(didn't bother me at all, as I would have done that anyway).

--
Christopher