[olug] Remote sound

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Sun Dec 16 22:23:15 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 10:33 AM, Sam Tetherow <tetherow at shwisp.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to have the sound for one linux desktop
> play on another machine?  I have multiple systems that I use synergy to
> share the keyboard and mouse across the machines, but I'm trying to find
> a way to direct the sound from one system to another as well.  I really
> don't want to have 3 sets of speakers as well and it is a pain to have
> to only check out A/V stuff on machine.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but I remember hearing
of a project called rplay which was a sound server for sharing audio
across a network among multiple machines.  It looks like development
on it might not be particularly active, but it might be worth taking a
look at.

--
Christopher