[olug] (Relatively) Nearby Colocation Centers

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Fri Aug 17 04:11:19 UTC 2007

heh, I never asked but they are probably fairly competitive with
something like First National.  I've not made it into Qwest's colo
center yet but Sprint's facility has generator power courtesy of 3 of
the largest Cummins diesel engines I have ever seen, and you have the
comfort of being in the same building that hooks Omaha into Sprint's
national network.  In both datacenters you are paying extra for physical
security, reliable bandwidth and extremely redundant facilities...if you
just have one server that you play around with and host a couple of
websites for friends and can handle a moderate amount of downtime, First
National, Sprint and Qwest probably are going to be priced out of reach