[olug] Linux Employment Opportunity

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Aug 14 03:29:56 UTC 2007

Remember, "linux" really only refers to the kernel, not to the
rest of the distribution.  It sounds to me like they're developing
a new appliance box that does some specialized task, but runs the
Linux kernel at its core.  Such devices are very common--we've got
several of them in our datacenter at BryanLGH.  Some are well done;
some are not.

I see nothing illegal or misleading about the way the ad was
presented.  It's a pitty the job is in Omaha.  I'd be very interested
if it was in Lincoln...

It's a pitty their web site doesn't work.  It'd be nice to see what
this company does.