[olug] GRUB Eror 18 -- Hangs

John Moran bugs.moran at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:48:42 UTC 2007

I had this happen with a previous install of Ubuntu.  It was a known
error from debian.  The way I solved it was to just select a smaller
slice of hard drive for it to install to.  If memory serves, after the
install, you can use gparted to resize so you get the whole drive.
The error is only a problem during the install.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub-installer/+bug/9006