[olug] System monitoring

Jaymz Ringler jringler at unitedtransport.net
Wed Sep 6 18:35:24 UTC 2006

> This looks neat, care to elaborate

It's a lot like Nagios..  I don't have any experience with using Nagios,
but from what I've read it's capabilities are above and beyond Nagios.
Speed comparisons have ranked Zabbix ahead of Nagios.

The mapping is supposedly far superior to that of Nagios.

Has Real Time and Historical monitoring.

There was an article in Linux Magazine a few months ago about it.   They
give a brief description of some of the capabilities.

http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/1895/

It was somewhat difficult to configure..  but it works well and was
worth the headaches..

There hasn't been anything that I wanted it to do that it isn't capable
of doing.

Take a look at their features page for more info.
http://www.zabbix.com/features.php

And also at the "in the press" page for reviews and articles.
http://www.zabbix.com/press.php