[olug] Minicom work with Cisco Console?

Charles Bird cbird at mail.datar8.com
Sun Oct 22 04:55:39 UTC 2006

> Charles Bird wrote:
>>> In fact, I would recommend *not* to use a 5000-series. IIRC Catalyst
>>> 5000s are ISL only, the only things you'll be able to do VLANs with it
>>> are older Cisco routers and older Cisco switches.
>>
>> Well thats sh*tty. I'll have to venture on and see.
>
> I could be blowing smoke out my arse too.

Ya I *think with the latest software on the sup. card i can do what I need
to do. This is my first real bonified cisco configuration. All the other
stuff i've done in the past involving cisco has just been logining into
routers and bringing up vpn tunnels when they went down.
So, needless to say, I am in new waters.
I love cisco documentation. Flow of info isnt too shabby.