[olug] Minicom work with Cisco Console?

Charles Bird cbird at mail.datar8.com
Sun Oct 22 04:22:47 UTC 2006

> *IS* there anything better than large rubbermaid tubs for holding cables,
> adapters, etc?  I'm just wondering how the duct tape on the cable helps
> connectivity.

Conectivity?? Well its one of those SDTP cables (Special Duct Tape
Protocol), actually it was the one cable that i wasnt gonna try, i didnt
know the source or condition...it just came from the tub.
I had read on forums that i needed a null cable, and i knew/thought this
beatup regular cable was the last thing i would need for this.
Another cable that was nicer but not null didnt work either, that was a
part of my confusion... I think the non-duct taped one is not tub worthy
anymore.. and the null might be returned.

I am excited to have ALOT of ports.
I got my caffine, I got my minicom working with the cisco, a half pack of
cigarettes, and powdered donuts. I am all set.