[olug] More gloating

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Thu Oct 19 13:40:30 UTC 2006

Cesar Delgado wrote:
> Well, E17, much like it's older brother E16, will probaly never be
> released.  So E17 really stands for E 0.17, as E16 E 0.16.  That's a
> long way from a 1.0 release.  So for each change in numbers they make,
> there's a lot of change.  I think they number the things in experience
> more than in who close they are to a finished product.  EFL
> (Enlightenment Foundation Libraries) change every release as those guys
> learn more and more on code optimization, organization and what works
> and what doesn't.

I haven't heard anything about Enlightenment in a long time.  It used to
be the buzzword of WMs for awhile.

Is Equinox/EDE available as a yum package?  Anyone use it?  Just curious.

> YDL5 is the first distro to release Enlightenment in any form in a long
> time.  Like I said, we worked quite close with the E people and smashed
> all of the big bugs that we called "show stoppers".  Once that was done
> we just took a snapshot from CVS and have been working on making it
> stable.  That's what we're releasing.

I'm debating whether or not to upgrade to YDL 5 on my PPC Mac when it
comes out.  Not sure that I'll gain anything, and I believe in "if it
ain't broke, don't fix it".

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea