[olug] Kubuntu repository for Adobe reader

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:03:57 UTC 2006

If you are trying to automate the install of proprietary software such
as Sun's java, Acrobat, Flash, NDISWrapper, Opera, SwifterFox, and all
the multimedia players and their codecs and about 50 other items,
check out the list of software installed by automatix automatically:
http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Software_and_Tweaks

If that sounds good, follow these directions:
http://getautomatix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installation

I doubt it would work to simply add their repository, but it may be
worth a try it if all you want is Acrobat.  Not sure what happens if
you do not install the gpg keys and keeping in mind that Automatix
temporarily adds many other repositories, you might just try

deb http://www.getautomatix.com/apt dapper main

i used automatix2 which temporarily updated the /etc/apt/sources.list
to automatically download Acrobat Reader and many many other things.
It is definitely worth checking out.

I used to check off everything in Automatix's menu, but right now i
recommend being more careful.  When i ran it earlier this week, i had
it do everything, but it may have destabilized some software.  Maybe
the OS install itself was bad?  Acrobat seems to run fine though.