[olug] Wanted: 2x128MB PC-100 Memory

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Tue Oct 10 16:02:39 UTC 2006

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> I am in the process of recycling out 5 more Edubuntu machines and I am
> finding myself short two sticks of 128MB PC-100 memory to complete the
> build.
>
> These machines were dontated by Jay of Reboot The User and they are
> headed to an area school. (Thanks Jay!)  So if anyone can donate to
> the cause let me know.  I'd be happy to pick them up.
>
> Also, if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to talk about what I've
> been doing in this regard at the upcoming meeting.

Jeff, I have a BP6 motherboard that I think has PC-100 (or 133) in it.
It doesn't post, and could have a bad power supply, mobo, ram, etc. I'd
like to just burn a bunch of 0s onto the hard drive and give you the
whole thing, as long as you intend to use it for a good cause. I have a
1.4 thunderbird that I may do the same with. That system does work just
fine, with the exception of a blown PS/2 mouse port and a bad IDE port
(has a promise add on card with it though). I do need to pull some data
off and burn 0s into the drives on that one as well. There's an older
(working at last check) emachines mutant beast my garage too, it's
your's too.

Contact me off list and we'll work out a time to get the machines to
you. If you'd like, I'm free part of the weekend, I can deliver and help
you put together some working systems.

-- Daniel