[olug] 36" x 48" Visio - where to print?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 00:30:58 UTC 2006

i would print it to a pdf with a paper size of 36" x 48" or more.  One
of the reasons i love open source is that i have had a much easier
time using ghostscript based software than expensive Acrobat
especially when it came to printing massive 3' x 8' foot long
genealogy charts.  If you use Acrobat, make sure your PDF version is
1.4(?) or greater - otherwise, you will not have as many paper
options.

Then email/web upload it to the local kinkos store for pickup.

if you have problems with printing the PDF, look at the printer
resolution settings and whether it is printing as an image or not.
Too high of a resolution and you may run out of memory.  Corruption in
generating a PDF can often be fixed by printing as an image.

if you have problems, call me 932-3200