[olug] LTSP Lab for refugees

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:32:06 UTC 2006

I have been thinking of putting a free computer lab together.  My
thought is the lab could be used to educate folks who are new to the
country and are working hard to acquire job skills in order to succeed
in the US.  I am sure this is not a new idea.  Is any one doing this
already?

To start, I have a friend who is from Sudan.  He is a pastor of a
church and has been here US/Omaha for about three years.  A lot of the
people he comes in contact with are more or less refugees from Sudan.
They could use a lot help.  My thought is that I could maybe help some
of the gain some techie skills that could help them get real jobs.

I was thinking of doing a linux terminal server project thing that is
administered remotely.  Is there any interest?

--
Todd Christopher Hamilton
(402) 660-2787