[olug] [OT]& [not so OT] Netstumbler4 Linux and card needed

Charles Bird cbird at mail.datar8.com
Wed Nov 29 19:22:26 UTC 2006

Should we perhaps get a classifieds mailing list? called [$$OLUG$$]?
I feel kinda funny posting stuff like this, but this is the best resource
that I know of in the Omaha area.

I am in need of a cheap wireless card for a lil linux laptop asap, before
11am Thursday. Anyone got a fairly cheap used one? I may also be needing
loopback cables for I am assuming t1 either borrowed or i can buy.

I am being told to use netstumbler for a site survey... I cant seem to
find a binary for linux... or do i use a wrapper? The whole thing is
somewhat new to me, in my home machines they usually just worked, which is
cool.
Is there something gnu that I could use to see S/N ratios and stuff like
that off of a wireless card?
  I am trying to prepare for a site survey and other work tomorrow, its
gonna be an adventure! :D