[olug] DVD Burning

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Mon Nov 27 18:19:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:08 -0600, Bradley Arth wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 6.10 and was wondering what everyones thoughts on DVD
> burning software was. Do you use the 'built-in' buring software or is there
> a defaco standard that most people use?
If I recall correctly Ubuntu uses the gnome burning software by default,
which I think is awful (counter intuitive).  I'm not sure if you're
trying to do data or DVD movies, but for data you can't beat the KDE
burning software (k3b).  You should be able to pull that in with the
package manager with no trouble.  For movie burning, I'm a little out of
my depth here.  I've done it, but it was long ago and I used SuSE.

Carl Lundstedt
UNL